- Jennifer Lawler has owned the company since it’s inception in 2006. She manages daily operations, business development, and company financials.
- Jenn holds an Environmental Engineering degree from Manhattan College and has extensive experience in business management. Jenn owned and operated several start up businesses before starting LEG.
- Prior to the start up of LEG, Jenn worked for the New York City Department of Environmental Protection (NYCDEP) in which she was part of a team that managed the City’s watershed protection program. Her prior experience also included owning a health services business for 5 years.
- Tim Lawler assists Jenn in the daily management of the company.
- He holds an M.S. degree in Environmental Engineering from the University of California at Berkeley and a B.E. degree in Civil Engineering from Manhattan College. Tim is a Licensed Professional Engineer in New York and Connecticut, with over 23 years of experience with concentrations in drinking water, wastewater, infrastructure engineering, construction management, and environmental science.
- Prior to LEG, Tim was the Director of the NYCDEP’s East-of-Hudson Operations Division, a 350 square mile watershed encompassing 120 facilities, 140 employees, and an annual operating budget of $5.7 million.
- Tim Lawler’s management of New York’s Croton, Catskill, and Delaware water supply systems included construction oversight of over $1 billion in engineering and construction improvements to New York’s water supply.
- Ben McLaughlin is the Senior Scientist at LEG, bringing over 27 years experience working as a professional biologist/ecologist/limnologist in the fields of water quality, environmental compliance, and marine fish ecology.
- He holds B.S. and M.S. degrees from the Florida Institute of Technology in Marine Biology and Ecology, respectively.
- Ben is currently working in conjunction with Aquarion Water Company of Connecticut (AWC) to develop an unaccounted water and/or non-revenue water program. This program includes in situ meter testing and the development of protocols for the testing of large water meters.
- Ben has completed the evaluation of 260 sites owned by AWC regarding employee requirements as to permitted and non permitted confined space entry.
- Tim Piazza holds a B.E. in Environmental Engineering from Manhattan College. He also holds a Fundamentals of Engineering (Engineer-In-Training) FE/EIT Certificate, and has completed OSHA’s 10 hour General Construction Course.
- Tim has 5 years experience as an office engineer and construction inspector with concentrations in drinking water distribution infrastructure, pump stations, buildings, drainage systems, and wastewater collection systems.
- Tim is currently managing LEG’s water main inspection team of 7 full and part time inspectors. Tim’s experience includes water main replacements and relocations, new service connections, hydrant relocations, valve installations, pressure regulators, chemical control systems, and pump station modifications.